Why you should choose a real instead of a fake tree this holiday season
Wednesday, November 23rd 2016 12:42:44pm
- How Christmas trees grown in Ontario provide habitat for birds and animals.
- How Ontario-grown Christmas trees soak up carbon dioxide, clean our air and water, and produce oxygen.
- How Ontario grown trees are 100% biodegradable.
- The lower carbon footprint of real tree compared to shipping a plastic tree from China.
- How Ontario-grown Christmas trees provide employment and income for rural Ontarians.
- Buying real trees is a win-win, an opportunity to bring the beauty of Ontario’s forests into our homes for the holiday season and celebrate in a way that’s eco-friendly and supports the local economy
- Our forests are an incredible renewable resource, that when managed well, bring a host of social, economic, and environmental benefits
- More than 500 growers across the province grow more than 1 million trees to be purchased by Ontarians every year. New trees are planted in their place.
Rob can also provide simple tips on how to pick a good Christmas tree and how to care for it in your home or apartment to get maximum life and enjoyment from it.
To schedule an interview, contact:
ABOUT FORESTS ONTARIO
Forests Ontario is the voice for our forests. Working to promote a future of healthy forests sustaining healthy people, Forests Ontario is committed to the re-greening of Ontario through tree planting efforts on rural lands and in urban areas, as well as the renewal and stewardship of Ontario's forests through restoration, education and awareness. Visit www.forestsontario.ca or follow us @Forests_Ontario